It is now

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The excellence of the poor and the Prophet’s livelihood



161. When one of you looks at someone who is superior to him in property and appearance, he should look at someone who is inferior to him.
(Bukhari, Muslim).
(Sayings of Muhammad (SW)


162. Seek me among you weak ones, for you are given provision from Allah, Allah will be satisfied with few good deeds from him.
(Baihaqi).
(Sayings of Muhammad. by Prof. Ghazi Ahmad).

163. Allah loves His poor, believing servant who refrains from begging and yet has children. (Ibn Majah).
(Sayings of Muhammad (SW)

164. O Allah, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man, and resurrect me in the company of the poor.
(Tirmidhi, Baihaqi).
(Sayings of Muhammad (SW)

165. Abu Dharr said: My friend ordered me to observe seven things. He ordered me to love the poor and be near them; he ordered me to consider my inferior and not consider my superior; he ordered me to join ties of relationship even when relatives are at a distance; he ordered me not to ask anyone for anything; he ordered me to speak the truth even when it is bitter; he ordered me not to fear for Allah's sake reproach anyone may cast on me; and he ordered me not to repeat often, "There is no might and no power except in Allah," for these words are a part of the treasure under the throne.
(Ahmad).
(Sayings of Muhammad (SW)


No comments:

Post a Comment